Sunday, May 5, 2013

New(ish) M42 Installed and Running

With a little help from Dudley, I finished installing the accessories, wiring and plumbing for the newer M42. I have to admit that I kind of liked test-driving it sans hood. The display of the functional parts and the work to install them was kind of satisfying and the staring people showed more curious interest than confusion. However, let's hope that driving like this doesn't become the next stupid automotive trend.

 photo 1600M42EgineInstalled028_zpscc25d283.jpg

Previously, I noticed a small fitment issue with the M42 radiator. I already removed the snorkel from the passenger side to make room for it, but the driver side still hit the curve in the forward firewall, which kept it from being any further forward. So, I cut a section out to make a tighter fit.

 photo 1600M42EgineInstalled018_zpse6ff746f.jpg

 photo 1600M42EgineInstalled020_zps33138be1.jpg

 photo 1600M42EgineInstalled027_zps39f360d0.jpg

Once I filled it with the appropriate fluids, I took it for a test drive. I have to admit that I kind of liked test-driving it sans hood. The display of the functional parts and the work to install them was kind of satisfying and the people staring showed more curious interest than confusion. However, let's hope that driving like this doesn't become the next stupid automotive trend.

Mind the wind noise, but listen for an interesting induction chirp.


Another without the wind noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment