First, the emergency brake cable adapters:
I started with a spare spacer from the inner control arm joint.
Then I cut it into three pieces.
Then I ground them down to 31mm each. Since I needed a total of 35mm of spacing, I planned on using 4mm thick washers that had an ID that was close to the brake cable boss.
Now the emergency brake engages with 4-5 clicks of the handle.
Next, I installed the 22mm swaybar:
See the difference? I bought new 22mm swaybar bushings from www.racetep.com, though Ireland Engineering sells them as well.
Then I got to the wiring.
The 1600 harness didn't have a single relay, so I added five of them.
I also wired up the tach adapter and adjusted the wipers.
Dudley and I threw the interior back together and I wired up the gauge cluster.
After realizing that the dome light wiring should have been done before the headliner was installed, I decided on an alternate course. I mounted two small LED lights in each footwell. I'll likely add more later, but I like this look so far.
The muffler got a coat of high-temp paint, but no tip. I like the stock, lower volume exhaust, if I could just get the engine to idle properly......more on that later.
I still can't stop looking at the rear discs.
There are still a few things to get done before Vintage, most importantly getting the M42 back to a smooth idle.