Sunday, April 10, 2011

M42 Installation

Thanks in no small part to Dudley and Jay, the M10 has been removed and the M42 has been installed.

We began on Saturday by dropping the M10 and its subframe out of the 1600. I am lucky enough to be able to use a garage in town.


With a lot of help from Dudley, the M10 came down.




So, by Saturday night, Dudley and I were very pleased with ourselves. I'll be removing the Megasquirt and EDIS wiring and hardware as well.


The M10 gazes upon its replacement.

As noted in an earlier post, I prepared another subframe with new bushings and steering components. Jay and I swapped over the steering box and struts, then we were ready to go.





Here's a novel way to install struts.


Installed! 


I've still got to figure out the exhaust and wire everything up, but the heavy lifting is done.



No comments:

Post a Comment