Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trunk Light and a New(ish) Lighter

The lack of a trunk light in 1600's and 2002's has bothered me since I bought my first one almost ten years ago. Both round and square taillight models have a little window in the back of one of the taillight assemblies, but it only works when the running lights are on and it's not very bright.  I've known that cheap, mercury-switched lights were available from many models, but I never got around to it. Then, I found a mercury switch on a jobsite at which I currently work. The tube is probably 20 years old, but it works just the same. I bought a $5 license plate light at Autozone and, voila! I really wish that I had done this sooner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also finally replaced my lighter. The original one was bent and stuck when I pushed it in to test it. The knob melted itself into sadness.

Photobucket

I bought a new one, but the old style was unavailable. I stuck with that one until I finally found a $5 old style lighter on eBay. Once I recieved it, I replaced its old element with the element from the new style lighter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment