Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rear Subframe In

I finally acquired the hardware (thanks, Grice) to bolt up the halfshafts and install the rear subframe. Dudley stopped by, as he fortunately/unfortunately does, just in time to do some heavy lifting.

The shocks are new Bilstein HDs to replace the way-too-stiff-for-urban-driving Bilstein Sports. I also filled the differential and sealed it up.

I finally measured and bolted up the transmission crossmember. I've got a little more grinder surgery to do on the transmission case to clear the steering, but everything else looks good. Believe it or not, this picture was taken after I did some scrubbing and cleaning. There is a shop near my house with an outdoor lift. I think that I might try to convince them to let me use it to powerwash my car form underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment