Saturday, May 15, 2010

Inching Closer

Jim Gerock stopped by today to help Jay, Grice, Dudley and myself with the final disassembly of the `76 and the progression of the `67 toward the finish line. By the end of the day, we had the `76 stripped of all usable parts and the `67 to within sight of the finish line. I was able to get the driveshaft in and finally seat the transmission's crossmember in it's place. I also have the hard fuel line and the rear brake line from the `76 ready to go into the `67. We accidentally mangled the MC-to-rear-"Y" line in the `67, so we're replacing it with the alternatively routed counterpart line in the `76. I decided that the hard fuel line in the `76 might be a nice addition to the `67, especially after I finish the Megasquirt EFI conversion.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The `76 will have it's roof cut off right before we ship it off to the salvage yard in the sky. We're reasonably sure that we've removed everything of value. Jim was a big help.

Photobucket

Jay, the Mad Scientist, is replacing all the wiring forward of the rear harness. Though Jay has conquered much more complex wiring challenges than the 1600's simple design, I am forever indebted to his skill.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've only got two of these mounted with tires, but I'm really liking how these E30 14" steel wheels are looking on the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment