Monday, April 5, 2010

Arrival!

Today, I finally took delivery of a 1967 BMW 1600-2. She was manufactured on March 30, 1967 and delivered to New York on April 14th of the same year.

I certainly have my work cut out for me. The car has almost no interior but is 99% rust free and STRAIGHT. I'm going to try to have at least the interior done by Vintage at the Vineyards. I'll also be swapping the drivetrain and suspension from my totaled `76.

For now, here's what she looks like:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The seats are a pair of aftermarket Recaros from the 1970s. They're really comfortable and I kind of like the fabric upholstery rather than vinyl.

1 comment:

  1. SUCCESS!!! I'm glad that its what you expected it would be and that it is STRAIGHT!!!

    IF you'd like some help in the assembly of the thing, I am first in line to help.

    P.S. This is Jay Swift BTW. (202 236 9119)

    ReplyDelete